Where there’s Smoke…

There’s most likely a slot machine.

My lungs still hurt just a little bit from the intense amounts of second hand smoke I inhaled at the Texas Hold’em table. For about 3 hours non-stop I played Hold’em with just 70 dollars. Eventually I cashed out with $225.00. Earlier in the day I was playing a Wheel of Fortune slot machine and I hit a 500 dollar jackpot. It was nice winning that money because right before that I was down to my last 13 dollars out of the 200 dollars that I had already spent. I had planned on only gambling away $100, but then I went back to the ATM and got another $100 out and started losing that money right away.

When I left the Wheel of Fotune game I was up $400. When I left the poker table I was up $540.

On Friday when we arrived I checked in to my room. It was the nicest room I’ve ever stayed in at a hotel complete with 3 televisions and a small sectional couch. The bed was awesome, the bathroom large and the tub would have easily fit a large Asian family with ease.

After relaxing for a couple of hours we went to Jack Binion’s Steak House and feasted on crab cakes, peppercorn steaks, garlic bread, baked potatoes, creamed spinach and corn. For dessert we shared some cheesecake and some bread putting with cinnamon ice cream. The bread pudding was so amazing that I turned my nose up at the cheesecake and didn’t even try a bite.

Feeling like a beached whale I went up to my room and went right to bed.

The next morning Cody and I got up and had a nice workout and then we had breakfast and soon thereafter the gambling started.

Cody, Amy and Nita Miller and I all sat in a row of slot machines plunking away and trying to win big. I was the only one out of the three of us to hit big on the Wheel of Fortune game even though at various times I think we all hit $100 bucks only to quickly lose it.

On Saturday night we went to Jack Binion’s steak house again and I had the Filet Mignon and the King Crab legs. The King Crab was the best I’ve ever had, the filet was perfectly cooked and juicy, and the garlic mashed potatoes rounded out the meal nicely.

We had the bread pudding again for dessert and Nita got a creme brulee to go.

After dinner I went to bed but couldn’t sleep. At 1 a.m. I went back to the Casino to play some more poker. I was doing well at first but then the dealer got on a lucky streak and even my low straights weren’t beating his high straights or his flush. I finally stopped myself 3 hours later and with $200 less in my pocket.

I took another 40 bucks that I had and went back to the Wheel of Fortune game and quickly lost it, but I was still ahead by $300 and I decided I was going to go home with that money in my pocket.

Nita, Cody’s mom, got us free rooms and all of our meals were free except for the tip. Since I didn’t have to feed or entertain myself for an entire weekend I was actually up another $150 bucks as that is normally the amount I spend on a weekend if not more.

A big thanks to Nita and the Miller’s for always being so generous. I really had an awesome time with them.


4 replies on “Where there’s Smoke…”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *